Water Bubble; A short Story by Muhammad Gulfam Bhullar Sultani



Water Bubble
(Short Story)
[Abstract: The tangible capability emanates from veteran one or else from woes, overhauls, steeplechases, or syndromes. Starved experience of life is zilch but a vain. The life is just like a water bubble, must be careful in engagements spending it; in choices; in whereabouts; and parleys as well. These potentials must be derivative from developed one as that distinguishes well. Billo is qualified with the very experience by her Dadi-Amma; inexperienced by experienced. When Billo suffers, she becomes experienced and trained her daughter; again inexperienced by experienced, the way Dadi-Amma taunted her at the end.]

Everywhere was light, brightness and colors. Everything was young, fresh, virginal and at its full as it was the time of laughter. It was the period of dancing and the age of friendship, adoration and love.
“Life is just a choice, pleasure and the name of luxuries”, said Billo to her Dadi-Amma, heaping and dancing. The light of the Sun is reflecting by her bright teeth. “O old willow, the idol of seriousness, ever you have made fun of your life. No. Never, it seems. I’ve listened at seventy man becomes child but you are more somber. A child always pranks and laughs, why don’t you?”
Life is just like a bubble of water,” Dadi-Amma continued, seriously. “Everything has to be hoary. My dear! You are not mature. May you never become mature!Pleasuresin life are just like a gust of wind. My dear Billo!Life is in the middle of the two gasps. Have Sense! Life is so sensitive. Time is very brutal and astute. It does not take pity, my dear!Have Sense!
“Oh, Dado! You are always delivering a lecture. Put it on one side and let’s talk about marriage ceremony of my cousin. Seven dresses I will wear of seven altered colors and design--frock, mantua, gown and red-kurta and visit very costly beauty-parlor but you never told me what color will you wear?”
“White will suit me--my life is white,” Dadi-Amma whispered, gazing her white hair in her fingers and Billowas echoing;
“My whit grandmother is so white
Smiling, pleasures for her so light
Always talk about fight n’ only fight
She’s doll like a white flying kite
Devices,counsels always at her height”
“Red, grandmother, will suit me more; young and fresh I’m,” she swanked.The door was knocked by her friend when she was hugging and nuzzling her Dadi-Amma.
“Did you have reply?” asked Billo with strange expressions of eyebrows and opening her eyes with smiling face.
“No. Perhaps never, would that! I were beautiful. If I had been, I would have had many haughty admirers. Hey! Is Dadi-Amma here?” acquired Paro.
“Yes, here she is,” said Billo pointing towards roof.
“Speak slowly! She will scold if she listens.”
“She is basking sunlight on the rooftop. Paro don’t worry;spontaneously say whatever you want without any angst.”
“You are young maiden now, very beautiful and red cheeks you have but I can’t understand, you have no boyfriend!”said Paro nipping her red cheeks.
“On 12th April, I’m about to see a boy. I like him and I’m feeling his love at my heart,” Billo declared, eagerly.
“Did you love him?” inquired Paro, politely.
“At last marriage ceremony of my cousin when I was nine(here nine years are described to show how our young is spoiled), saw him. He was gazing me again and again but I could not understand his motives. When you became my friend and often told the intentions of boys, I felt attracted to him.”
“Oh, you have fallen in love with him. My dear! When you would express your feelings to him, he shall render his life for you; die at your feet and present very costly gifts. What is your favourite thing, anyway?”
“Braclets of Jummah-Bazar, very beautiful and costly,” Billo told her.
“When you demand, he shall bring you those bracelets, Billo,” Paro loaded things. “When you wear, every friend will ask you;from where have these been brought? When you would sayJummah-Bazar, everyone will surprise and when you say by your boyfriend, it will be more admirable for you.”
“I love him,” continued Billo, eagerly. “He would be the prince of my dream. Thank you! Paro, you…
“Would you like to tell me? How did you come to know about love?”asked Billo.
“A boy proposed me but I rejected. When my friend told me a very romantic drama, I watched--totally dealt with love and marriage issues. I got attracted to him and wrote a letter in reply after three months but I’m in great frustration that he didn’t reply me.”Fluctuating her tone she continued, “If he replies, that’s good otherwise I will find another.”“Just as it runs today,” said Paro expanding her hands.
Both began to laugh and went into the room. There was a long discussion without any pause unless Dadi-Amma had come down and matter was totally changed from love to criticism on school matters and syllabus. Actually, there was no story on love in their syllabus as they wanted to discuss.
“Paro, your mother will be waiting for you. She has to go market and you should go home,” said Dadi-Amma with offensive tone.
“Okay! Billo, I’m to go. Would you come at our home?” said Paro in fizzling voice.
Dadi-Amma turned back and said, “No, My Dear!”
“Good Bye!” said Paro.
“Good Bye!” replied Dadi-Amma and Billo was gazing her grandmother, abusively.
“May God save you from this girl!” prayed Dadi-Amma.
“She is moral, Dadi-Amma. I don’t know why you always reprimand her,” saying this, she was going to another room.
After fifteen days, when Billo just had come back from her cousin’s marriage ceremony, the door was being knocked too loudly. Billo abruptly ran towards door, in her consciousness, it was Paro. “PARO!My LOVE!” Billo began to kiss her and both hugged each other zealously.After that, they went into the room and started to discuss the matter.
“What about your prince?” asked Paro.
“When I found him, I came to know he had been engaged” said Billo.
“Alas! So sad, your prince…”
“I was attracted to another gentleman, very handsome, young and fashionable,” Billo began to brag. “I was continuously taking a look to him and he was observing too. As you said, “it runs today”. He just came to ask me about drink with a special intention, I gave full expression of love and he too was attracted. First I proposed him, Paro. I expressed my all feelings. He accepted impatiently and we promised to marry each other. Our love is true.He truly said, “I will change the direction of storm and can fetch the stars for you. I will make day night and night day. I am a man with nothing in this world. I am the god of gods of luck and will bring good luck for you forever.”
“Hey! Stop! Stop! You have fallen in love,” said Paro, laughing.
“Yes, definitely,” said Billo, moving her feet and hands.
“I would talk to my Dadi-Amma and my grandmother shall tell my father. My father shall come from Italy to get me married,” Billo swaggered.
“Put your tongue in your mouth,” cried Dadi-Amma from outside. “Shame on you, it is not expected toyou,” entered Dadi-Amma, saying and pointed to Paro,“You stupid, get out of our home and never come again.” Paro exited. “Don’t you know how much love i did you? We love you more than your priss. We are your real priss, not he. I will call your father and…”
Dadi-Amma went another room.
“I will too and tell all about; I love him and I will marry him. If he is not, never else,” she said in her heart of heart.
Dadi-Amma was not ready to get her married with that boy at any cost but her father, uncles and aunties were agree as she had declared that she would have poisoned herself if they had not got her married with her prince. Her mother had passed away and Dadi-Amma wanted to see her merry and her father also had come from Italy and after two months again he had to go back.
She went to Paro’s home to send for her on her marriage. She was extremely happy and living in midair and passionatelyarticulated the message of her marriage to her friend.
After two years, on her Dadi-Amma’s death she met Paro. She told her that she had given birth to a child named Nargis and still condemned Dadi-Amma’s views. She bragged, “I have married my own will, you got married on your parents’ will” and continued, “We are living a life of our own spirit. How amazing it is, you know, my Dadi-Amma wanted to get me married with your husband. I strongly resisted and now look at my dress, five thousands, and your, eight hundred. If I had not resisted, I would have worn of eight hundred and youfive thousands. You are changed, Paro, changed enough.”
“Only five hundred income was of my husband but he had a little property and the help of his parents enough to go Italy. Alas! We have not got visa yet. I am very worried and my parents console me and try their best to make me happy.”
“First, you don’t like your husband,” Billo continued,“and secondly, your husband also does not compromise with you as you told me when you last time met, thirdly, what is the use of parents and property if your husband doesn’t compromise. Therefore, I resisted marrying that black ram who had only parents and property which were the supportive reasons of my Dadi-Amma to get me married with him. Well done, I struggled and saved my happy life from going to hell.”
Billo and her husband were living in their real utopia very happy. One day the phone rang. She received call and said, “Hello!”
“Hello!” spoke an unknown man.
“Is this Billo?”
“Yes!”
“Ashique, is your husband?”
“Yes! What happed?”
“Sorry to say, Billo, your husband is about to die.”
“What? How?  And You----- but how?” she cried.
“Oh! My God! Take pity, pity, pity my God piteeheeh” she yelled, sobbing and crying.”
Only Ashique’s close friend reached at the spot, called Ambulance and he was taken to Civil Hospital. His friend was too poor to pay Ambulance, and other expenses of the hospital. He called victim’s brother as he had two; one was too immature to handle crisis situation. When Billo reached at hospital, found that her husband’s back-bone and four chops had been fractured and he would be unable to walk forever.
He was admitted in hospital for some days. She had to stay there for nursing him. In great obstruction, she was sitting in hallway when a sound echoed behind her,a verge of pleasure run over her mind because it seemed to her a sound of Dadi-Amma. She abruptly turned back but there was only sunlight. Itdid not reflect by her teeth then and was being out of sight. She thought it would never come again and never ever reflect. She is about to lost in her past but her brother-in-law called her, “Billo!”
“Yes!”
“You should go inside near Ashique’s bed. I’ve togo for prescription of doctor. The government doctors are always officer.They only work for salary and don’t care of someone’s life,” whispered victims’ brother.
“How shall we live on? He is unable to make my future and my little Nargis. No brother, no mother and sister to help you out or to console you, Billo, no one…. Everywhere is darkness.Your grandmother never let yoube confused. She was died.”
“Biiiiloo,” felt Billo when she was sitting by her husband’s bed but it was too slowly to be understood. And again he said, “Biiilooo.”
“Order my Lord! Your Billo is here,” she said, very politely.
“Biiilooo” again he said with broken heart. “YorPincethaed”, there was a little pause and again he said, “thaed, thaed…,” in thesevague words.
Billo began to yell and moan. “O my Lord! take pity on my husband, on my innocent daughter and me, bring us happiness, pleasures and enjoyment as you gave us and again I pray my God, again I pray, again….,” .
After seven days, they came back home where she had been live with her Dadi-Amma. It was the day of 12th April. She went to roof to spread clothes in sunlight. She looked all around. Everywhere was no light, brightness, life and colors. Everything was old, stale and at its end. There was no sun, no light and no one to bask sunshine.
“Would that!someonewere bask sunlight.” She looked at sky many kites were flying but all were white without the suggestion of height. Sounds of crying were echoing in her ears. Next morning, the door was knocked. She went to open, a red dressed young, looking pleasant, smiling and red cheeks woman was standing by the door.
“Hello! Billo, very sorry to say your husband….”
Billo embraced Paroand started to cry.
Both were weeping a lot, lamenting and crying. She was sitting for some time and apologized her father was ill, therefore, she had to go and would come tomorrow.
The next day when she came, found some women sitting there. There was only discussing about victim. A woman asked Paro unconsciously.
“How gorgeous this suit is! From where did it buy?”
“Jumma-Bazar, she replied”
“There was no suit less than five thousands,” woman said.
“Yes,” as she looked Paro, shaking her head said, “I was joking. Actually, it was from Landa-Bazar. O Leave it.”
“I’ve listened your husband has set in Italy and your parents-in-law care of you very much. May God give you more happiness and both of your little sons also live long!” and after a moment, looking towards Billo woman said, “I am to go. May God take pity on you, your husband and little child!”
“Billo, I have to go too. Bye!” said Paro, giving five thousands.
When she was leaving the room, she turned and advised, “Have Sense, Paro, never lose senses. God will help you.”
When she had gone, Billo began to cry and looking her daughter shewas saying continuously, “Have Sense, Nargis, Have Sense and never lose senses….”Gazing her daughter she was saying, “your Billo is old now, white and serious, and tasteless, no color and no light left in my life. Life is just a bubble of water, have sense and never lose senses.”
“It is no use to cry over spilt milk,” sound was being echoed in her ears in Dadi-Amma’s voice when she was uttering,“have sense and never lose senses” again and again.

SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 coment�rios: